Donald Rashaad Singleton (No.45)
• Fast-developing center prospect who will help shore up Georgia’s undersized frontcourt.
• At the very least, he’ll greatly enhance the Bulldogs’ defensive efforts inside.
• Began his senior season at Graceville weighing 210 pounds but reported for summer school in Athens at 250.
High School (Graceville):
• Averaged 14.6 points, 11.8 rebounds and 8.9 blocks as a senior for Graceville, which went 22-7 and reached the Round of 16 in the Florida Class A state tournament.
• Had six “triple-doubles” — double-figure points, rebounds and blocks — last season.
• Rated the No. 11 center prospect in the country by Rivals.com.
• Selected last summer to participate in the 2005 Global Games, an event that annually brings together many of the world’s top junior players in Dallas, Texas.
• Full name: Donald Rashaad Singleton
• Birthdate: May 22, 1987
• Birthplace: St. Mary’s, Ga.
• Parents: Donald Singleton & Shirley Blackmon
• His mother is 6’2″ and played collegiately at Chipola JC and the Univ. of West Florida
• Chose to wear #45 because Michael Jordan wore it when he returned to the NBA in 1995, coinciding with his introduction to basketball.
• Chose to attend UGA because of its outstanding coaches and it wasn’t too far from home.
• Favorite sport other than basketball: football
• Sport I’ve never done but would like to try: lacrosse
• Favorite basketball players: Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudamire, Shaq
• Favorite amateur athletes: Georgia basketball team
• Strongest academic subject: Chemistry
• Career goals beyond basketball: To become an orthodontist
(Courtesy of Georgia Dogs)