We are players and coaches of the Thailand Tigers all together 12: Thai, Filipino, American all with one thing in common. We were not paid our salaries by our dishonest owner Wim Reijnen. With no help from the ABL we ask you to join us.
…reads the wall of the a newly created facebook page, the Thailand Tigers Victims.
It has been almost 5 months since the Tigers played their last ABL game, but right until now, nothing has been done by the ABL to make sure the Tigers players get paid for their season.
Apparently, the key player in this whole saga is Mr Wim Reijnen, the president of the club himself.
The wall of the facebook page further reads:
It is terrible that Mr. Reijnen can come from Holland to Thailand break the laws of the country. Cheat Thai players. He has no respect for Thailand! How can we let this happen? It is time someone brought an investigation into all of Mr. Reijnens’ businesses if he can do this with 1st year basketball organization, who …knows what he is doing in his other businesses.
What was happening? Here’s what the Thailand Tigers Victims say:
1) Wim Reijnen “made false allegations against the American coach and fired him without cause as a way to save money. The coach came from America worked everyday for 3 months traveled with the team only to be fired and sent back to the U.S. with no money.”
2) Wim Reijnen “also threatened the Thai players to accept less than one week pay for 3 months work at the end of the season.”
3) Wim Reijnen put all his foreign players and coach at risk of arrest and deportation because he didn’t want to spend the money to get work permits. The foreign players were playing the whole season on tourist visas and not proper work permits. That is a violation of the work laws of Thailand. He made the foreign players travel to Cambodia at their own expense to obtain a 14 day extension of their tourist visas.
4) Wim Reijnen is now suing the ABL for money (because he lost money setting up the team?)
5) Wim Reijnen has yet to stand up to refute these claims and the world is waiting.
Here’s what we can do.
This site offers you a platform to get justice done or to bring the entire matter to light. To help the Thailand Tigers Victims, enter a comment below as a sign of support!
You may also join the page of the Thailand Tigers Victims on facebook.